The Dance Business at Dance Life Retreat Center Seminar #1
(All new dance business seminar!) THE NEXT LEVEL: SUCCESS TO AMAZING SUCCESS | 7/8-9
A brand new business retreat for forward-thinking school owners and their management staff.
Be relevant and unstoppable in a climate of change
No one has escaped the major evolution of dance education during the past couple of decades. New generations have pioneered progressive styles and techniques that have become mainstream curriculum. Competitions and other performing opportunities have become a major part of the educational and business process, and dance is an integral part of the American culture. Explore a series of creative solutions and strategies to maintain your edge while you hang on to your core values and principles.
Design a Life Experience for your students
Build loyalty, educate and retain with a product/service that's even more than making the best dancers. Offer quality teaching for the body with life lessons for the mind and soul. You can inspire great dancers while you use the art of dance to mold good citizens who become successful adults.
- A full year of school-wide, monthly theme concepts (dance and non-dance) that involve ALL students (and their families). Includes customizable plans and tools to get you started.
- A series of simple progress, milestone and recognition models for students of all ages, designed to build community and encourage student achievement in and out of the studio
- In-studio family and friends events
- Charitable/philanthropic concepts that teach citizenship and involve all of your students
- Community events to promote dance, its benefits, and your business
Big Buck Brainstorm/Growing Your Dance Business
A special session led by Rhee offering attendees the chance to share and explore "out of the box" concepts to generate new income.
Manage multiple projects and deadlines
Do you ever feel like you can't get anything done because everything needs your attention? The reality is that it's not a bad thing; you have made many sacrifices to build your successful business, and now it's time to take it to the next level.
- What to do first and why — when it's ALL a priority and expectations are high
- Innovative methods that keep you on track through changing priorities, deadlines, last-minute adjustments, uncertainty, crises, and chaos
- The art of delegation and accountability
New Frontiers in Social Media
Explore the latest platforms and learn strategies to remain relevant in an always evolving social media world. The dance business and social media work hand in hand.
- Insta-Story Strategies
- Branding for Instagram
- Less Selling, More Sharing
- Social Media Platforms to Make a Priority
- Measuring Social Media Success
- Managing your Reputation on Social Media
Master your meetings
Lead productive, to the point business gatherings with 10 customizable agendas including action lists for meetings with parents, faculty, office employees, performing groups, competitive dancers/parents, and more.
Exceptional office manager
Together we'll identify your needs and expectations; put it in writing and create a job description. You'll have an opportunity to work with a template to create your personalized, new office manager handbook.
Bonus: Field Trip: Dream Studio
Attendees will have a chance to tour the brand new home of Art in Motion Academy of Dance, owned by Melissa Cottreau, located 2 miles from the DanceLife Retreat Center. It's a 6,000 square foot state of the art facility with three classrooms, a dancewear store, a birthday party room, a waiting area with high-tech viewing and more. Whether you're considering building your facility or thinking about enhancing what you have, this particular session will leave you with a ton of ideas. Attendees can participate in a Q&A with Melissa Cottreau regarding both the financial and building process.
FEATURING: Rhee Gold, Maureen Gelchion & Kim Hale
* seminar fee includes: complimentary meals, transportation to and from the hotel & all notes and/or manuals
Summer 2017 Schedule of Events
2-DAY BUSINESS OWNER RETREAT
July 8 & 9 | $499 | Rhee Gold & Maureen Gelchion
4- DAY BACK TO BASICS RETREAT
July 10-13 | $796 | Drew Burgess, Tiffany Henderson, Julie Kay Stallcup & Becca Retter
2-DAY TEACHER TAP RETREAT
July 14 & 15 | $398 | Drew Burgess, Thelma Goldberg & Kaelyn Gray
3-DAY TEACHER JAZZ RETREAT
July 18-20 | $597 | Rennie Gold, Derrick Schrader & Jackie Sleight
1-DAY TEACHER MUSICAL THEATER RETREAT
July 21 | $199 | Scott Fowler
3-DAY BUSINESS OWNER RETREAT
July 22-24 | $699 | Rhee Gold, Hedy Perna & TBA
3-DAY BACK TO BASICS RETREAT (with tumbling)
July 26-28 | $597 | Melissa Hoffman, Pam Simpson & Julie Kay Stallcup
3-DAY RHYTHM WORKS INTEGRATIVE DANCE CERTIFICATION
July 29-31 | $849 | Tricia Gomez and special guests