Dance Life Retreat Center Business Owner Seminar #2
(All new!) BUSINESS OWNER SEMINAR: OPERATIONS MANUAL A-Z AND A WHOLE LOT MORE | 7/22 - 24
A business retreat for school owners
All dance school business owners love the art of dance and possess an undeniable desire to pass it on to the next generation. Initially many are successful because their schools are small; offering them time to build relationships and go beyond expectations with customer service while they create systems to keep it all organized.
The result is everything any school owner would want: a growing enrollment, additional faculty and staff, and finally, classrooms filled with dancers! Nonetheless, the growth appears a bit chaotic to their loyal customers. The quality that created the business success slowly diminishes because there are many people involved who don’t have the proper tools to maintain your standards and your vision.
7 Reasons Why You Need an Operations Manual
- It’s your livelihood--your experience, intellectual property, financial investment, and sacrifice created the systems and procedures that generate the profits. Documenting your unique master design of actions and strategies will help you to lead a professional and productive operation.
- Improve customer service, communication, organization and education with clear expectations and systems to guide your faculty and staff to maintain the standards that have built your success.
- Help new faculty and staff members quickly get up to speed with written job descriptions, expectations, policies, checklists and more. Your professionalism and organization will make a perfect first impression on all future employees.
- Improve efficiency with documented “how-to” steps that will keep your team from over-relying upon you. You won’t need to tell people something again and again.
- Increase reliability so that your clientele will know what to expect from your school and you can count on your staff delivering what you promise. Once you have all policies and procedures in writing, you ensure consistency from your team.
- Create freedom in your life! Take a vacation or personal time without worry because you know that you will return to a well-oiled machine.
- Increase the value of your business. Don’t be disappointed because your company value is not the same as a different business with the same gross revenues. The reason? The system is the owner! Creating quality documentation that will allow others to step in to run your business will increase the value of your asset.
Requirements: A laptop with Microsoft Word and a USB port.
Throughout the retreat, there will be several bonus business seminars with many concepts to generate more revenue and become a smarter business owner. Below are some of those workshops.
Financial Future 101
Whether you've been in business one year or fifty, it's always the right time to strategize your financial future. Financial Planner, Michelle Cote, guides attendees through the basics of saving, investing and financial planning in language that is clear, accessible and lively; making difficult concepts understandable to the novice and enjoyable to those who already have some understanding.
Save yourself and your clientele the headache of billing for each and every item needed by your students. Explore a variety of bundling options for everything from tuition and costuming, to recital and dancewear packages. It changes everything because your clientele won’t feel like they are being asked for money every time that they walk into the studio.
The Business of Preschool
Studio owner Melissa Hoffman has an extremely successful preschool program that continues to grow and evolve. In this session, she will share several preschool program models that work, the fundamentals of building a successful preschool program and who makes the best teachers so that you ensure student retention long into the future.
How Much is My School Worth?
Evaluate the current value of your business and strategies to increase that value over time.
Day 1: 8:00am - 8:30pm
Day 2: 8:00am - 8:30pm
Day 3: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Featuring: Rhee Gold, Hedy Perna, Michelle Cote and Melissa Hoffman
Summer 2017 Schedule of Events
2-DAY BUSINESS OWNER RETREAT
July 8 & 9 | $499 | Rhee Gold & Maureen Gelchion
4- DAY BACK TO BASICS RETREAT
July 10-13 | $796 | Drew Burgess, Tiffany Henderson, Julie Kay Stallcup & Becca Retter
2-DAY TEACHER TAP RETREAT
July 14 & 15 | $398 | Drew Burgess, Thelma Goldberg & Kaelyn Gray
3-DAY TEACHER JAZZ RETREAT
July 18-20 | $597 | Rennie Gold, Derrick Schrader & Jackie Sleight
1-DAY TEACHER MUSICAL THEATER RETREAT
July 21 | $199 | Scott Fowler
3-DAY BUSINESS OWNER RETREAT
July 22-24 | $699 | Rhee Gold, Hedy Perna & TBA
3-DAY BACK TO BASICS RETREAT (with tumbling)
July 26-28 | $597 | Melissa Hoffman, Pam Simpson & Julie Kay Stallcup
3-DAY RHYTHM WORKS INTEGRATIVE DANCE CERTIFICATION
July 29-31 | $849 | Tricia Gomez and special guests